Training & Facilitation Certificate
This training certificate course covers the entire end-to-end training cycle, including planning and preparing a training event, managing the learning environment and engaging participants in the classroom, and following up post-event to continue to support learning. We'll cover the science behind learning as well--why and how learner needs and preferences, training techniques, classroom environment, and well-structured materials all affect learning outcomes. At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your techniques in a skills training practice where you will receive feedback and guidance from peers and an ATD expert Facilitator.
ATD's Training Certificate, the best-established train-the-trainer course in the talent development field, is now Training & Facilitation Certificate. Drawing upon ATD's extensive research and experience*, this program will help you become a learner-centric facilitator who recognizes and can apply all of the skills of an effective trainer.
Why You Should Attend:
- Get an overview of all phases of the training cycle from the planning phase through the evaluation phase.
- Leave with the knowledge and skills to become a participant-focused facilitator in any environment, from large scale training events to meetings and presentations.
- Learn from an expert trainer and facilitator, who will demonstrate best practices in the classroom.
- Gain access to ATD-exclusive templates and tools to use in your own practice.
- Demonstrate your new skills and receive personalized, actionable feedback from your ATD expert facilitator.
- Earn an industry-recognized certificate, continuing education credits, and an ATD digital badge to share with your networks.
Dates and Times:
Session 1: May 16, 2024, 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. ET
Session 2: May 17, 2024, 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. ET
Session 3: May 18, 2024, 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. ET
Preconference Learning Price:
ATD Member: $1,995
Darryl Wyles is the co-author of Facilitation in Action (2022 ATD Press ) and Senior Facilitator for ATD Education. He brings over 20 years of experience in talent development where he has played major roles in transforming learning programs as a manager and specialist for government and financial services organizations.
Darryl enjoys the challenge of building organizational end-to-end training solutions from the ground up and is passionate about providing a fun and interactive learning environment in his workshops. He has facilitated and designed software, leadership, and soft skill training solutions that supported significant change initiatives at SunTrust Bank, and Chevy Chase/Capital One Bank.
Prior to his current role, Darryl was the Training and Development Manager for the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation where he spearheaded the creation of Parks and Recreation University, the department’s first structured training and development program. Parks and Recreation University introduced a wide variety of leadership and skill development learning programming that enhanced workforce proficiencies and expertise.
Darryl has a bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies- Sports Management from the University of Maryland Baltimore County.