ATD Master Trainer® Program
The role of the trainer has evolved to include building consultative partnerships, demonstrating facilitation skills dependent on learner dynamics, and reporting on business metrics to validate the effectiveness of the learning solution. Aligned to the Talent Development Capability Model, this renowned program covers the entire process of training delivery including purpose and assessment, decision making, planning and preparation, presentation and facilitation, performance and evaluation, and business metrics and reporting. Engage with your cohort and facilitator to lift the conversation about training delivery to the master level, showcasing your ability to adapt to learner needs and be successful delivering in any modality (classroom, virtual, asynchronous, or a blend). Identify where you excel and where you have opportunities for growth. Benefit from a structured and collaborative learning experience and the opportunity to assess your knowledge and skills through discussion, practice, and skills demonstrations.
Why You Should Attend:
- Develop and demonstrate mastery of training and facilitation through multiple practice deliveries, including individualized feedback and analysis.
- Gain six-months of free access to ATD’s comprehensive Talent Development Body of Knowledge and receive tools, resources, and templates to use on the job.
- Receive personalized feedback from your facilitator and peers.
- Earn the industry-recognized ATD Master Trainer designation and digital badge.
- Accelerate your pathway toward achieving the APTD or CPTD Certification. Learn more.
How the Program Works:
- Learn research-based best practices from across the Talent Development Capability Model to elevate your training and facilitation skills.
- Engage in a flexible around-your-schedule program via ATD’s online learning platform and facilitator-led sessions.
- Benefit from the role modeling, wisdom, and guidance of an expert ATD facilitator.
- Learn with and from a group of peers through application-based discussions and reflections.
- Personalize your Master Trainer journey by assessing your current skills, adapting scenarios to your context, and demonstrating success with skills practice opportunities.
This is an 8-week blended program consisting of seven weeks of online learning and three days of face-to-face, instructor-led sessions. You will have access to the program on the program start date. There is no pre-work needing to be completed prior to the start date. New content will be made available each week and must be completed before the start of the next week.
Program starts: April 18, 2022
Week 2 starts: April 25, 2022
Week 3 starts: May 2, 2022
Week 4 starts: May 9, 2022
Week 5, 3 face-to-face sessions at the International Conference and Expo:
Day 1: May 12, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Day 2: May 13, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Day 3: May 14, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Week 6 starts: May 23, 2022
Week 7 starts: May 30, 2022
Week 8 starts: June 6, 2022
Program ends: final learning project due: June 10, 2022
Register now for ATD22 Orlando and the course.
You can also register ONLY for the preconference education course using the link here.
Darryl Wyles is an internal ATD Facilitator. He brings over 20 years of experience in talent development where he has played major roles in transforming learning programs as a manager and specialist for large and small organizations in government and the financial services industry.
Darryl enjoys the challenge of building organizational end to end training solutions from the ground up and is passionate about providing a fun and interactive learning environment in his workshops. He has facilitated and designed software, leadership and soft skill training solutions that supported major change initiatives at SunTrust Bank, and Chevy Chase/Capital One Bank.
Prior to his current role, Darryl was the Training and Development Manager for the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation where he spearheaded the creation of Parks and Recreation University, the department’s first structured training and development program. Parks and Recreation University introduced a wide variety of leadership and skill development learning programming that enhanced workforce proficiencies and expertise.
Darryl has a bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies- Sports Management from the University of Maryland Baltimore County.