ATD is committed to providing a professional, friendly, and welcoming learning environment for all participants at its education courses, meetings, and events, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, or other protected classes.
We expect all ATD education courses, meetings, and event participants and speakers (virtual or in person) to help ensure a positive learning experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of an ATD education course, meeting, or event.
All participants in ATD education courses, ATD meetings, and ATD events must abide by the following policy.
- Be considerate of those with whom you may interact.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be respectful of others’ viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
- Adhere to ATD, venue, and other relevant health protocols.
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language including, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Visual harassment, such as displaying sexual or offensive images OR inappropriate language during the course, meeting, or event, including in presentations, slide decks, as backgrounds, or on clothing visible to attendees.
- Intimidation or bullying, either online or in person.
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon during the course, meeting, event, or on video.
- Photographing, video-recording, or audio-recording slides, oral presentations, or poster presentations without presenter or author’s permission.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances during the course, meeting, event, or on video.
- Sharing your event registration with another person(s).
- Inappropriate disruption of courses, meetings, or events.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform on which the course, meeting, or event is held (e.g., Cisco Webex, Pathable, or Zoom).
Report harassment or disruptive behaviors to ATD at email@example.com.
Consequences of misconduct or not following ATD’s expectations of behavior may include immediate removal from the ATD education course, meeting, or event (virtual or in person) without warning and/or restrictions from attending future ATD education courses, meetings, and events.